“The Wedge® provides an optimal seating position for spinal development for babies 6 months of age”
-Dr Roosinovich, UK paediatrician, The Royal College of Paediatrics and Childs Health
Doctor-founded family business Eyas have developed a new baby product – The Wedge®
A pram cushion that allows babies to sit in a fully upright position and engage with the world around them. Ergonomic design of the Wedge helps ensure optimal spine development and prevent bad posture for baby. It is paediatrician-approved and scientifically proven with peer-reviewed, evidence-based research to help optimal spine development.
“Eyas” – a young bird, taken from its nest for training
Eyas is a small London-based family business founded by surgeon Dr Perkins and his wife, a doctor too. “Our six month old keep sliding down in the pram. As doctors we had it ingrained in us how much babies learn in those early years and worried about all the learning opportunities he was missing out on”. Addressing a clear gap in the market, they conducted 18 months of research to identify the optimal pram seating position. “We found strong, evidence-based medical reasons for upright seating” most notably providing optimal spinal development for baby and increased cognitive and non-cognitive developmental. Whilst the convenience of a compact pram is without question, the design can frequently fall Short in terms of optimised spinal health for children. The Wedge is compatible with the full spectrum of compact prams.
To enter, fill out the form below:
Ethically inspired and ‘committed to avoid using plastic derivatives or even large volumes of cotton’, they have opted to use 100% jute for their packaging and are working on bringing out new cotton canvas covers. A core part of their business model is donating a portion of profits to a Violence Against Women and Girls charity, a cause which mum says “we have felt passionately about for a long time”. The Wedge is fully manufactured in the UK and their product design and brand designs are also from the UK in order to support local across their end-to-end business model.
For detailed information on the science behind the Eyas and The Wedge or for any press enquiries please contact [email protected]
Terms and Conditions
- The winner must be 18 and older and live in the UK.
- There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered and prizes are not transferable.
- Competition closes xxx Entries after this date will not be counted.
- The winner will be picked at random and notified by email within 7 days of closing.
- Should the first winner not respond within 3 days, we reserve the right to pick a second winner.
- Prize cannot be exchanged for anything else and is not in conjunction with any other offer.
- Those linked to any of the companies involved with the promotion cannot take part.
COMMENTS ARE OFF THIS POST